Danish Pork Stew
When the bitter cold of the north sets in, the Danes warm up with a hot bowl of mørbradgryde! Warm, creamy, and full of bacony goodness, this stick-to-your-ribs Danish soul food is sure to make you feel all warm and cozy no matter how cold it is outside.
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 50 mins
Total: 1 hour
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 5 strips bacon, sliced into half-inch pieces
- ½ cup mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup cocktail wieners
- 1 14 oz can chopped tomatoes
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- In a large saucepan or stockpot, fry the bacon, onions, carrots, and mushrooms for 2 minutes.
- Once the bacon has begun to crisp, add the pork and cocktail wieners. Continue to cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the canned tomatoes (undrained), heavy cream, and seasonings. Reduce to a simmer and cook, uncovered, for 40 minutes.