Print Your Own Dreidel
Dreidel is more than just a fun game to play during Hanukkah. It’s a cultural tradition made specifically for this special occasion! When you read all the characters on the dreidel together, they spell out “nes gadol hayah sham” or “a great miracle happened there”. This references the oil in the menorah that burned for 8 nights.
How to Play
- Each player starts with an equal number of tokens, toys, or Yums.
- At the start of the round, each player places a token into the center. This happens again if the center is ever empty.
- Take turns spinning the dreidel. Depending on where it lands, you either take or give tokens to the center.
Shin: Add a piece to the center.
Hey: Take half of the tokens from the center (if an odd number, take half plus one).
Gimel: Take all the tokens in the center.
Nun: Nothing happens.
- If you run out of tokens, then you’re out of the game.
- Play continues until one person has won all of the tokens.